Saturday, August 19, 2006

Jumping in vs. Wait and see

I've never been one to jump onto something when it's brand new. For some reason, I wait around and say, "No, I don't wanna do that" only to change my mind later. One of my friends (you know who you are) has told me several times that I should blog, but I resisted until now. Why? I don't know.

It was the same way with scrapbooking. I had a group of friends that got together for weekly crops, and I'd go and hang out with them, but it 'wasn't for me'. Ha! Wrong! Once I decided to give it a shot, I was COMPLETELY hooked. The entire room in my house that holds scrapbooking, stamping, and other craft supplies shows that it didn't become a hobby...it became a way of life. I can't look at things without my mind immediately shifting to "How could I alter that?" "That would make a great pic for a layout!" You get the picture.

Same story with television shows. I never watched Sex & The City until it went off HBO. Now? I've seen most episodes several times and LOVE it. Why wasn't I interested then? Just recently I've started watching (and enjoying) Grey's Anatomy. Yes, almost everyone on a message board I'm on watch it religiously, but nope, not me. Well, maybe *this* season I will. ::grinning sheepishly::

So why do I do this? Is there something somewhere inside me that fights "fitting in" and being like everyone else so much? I do love marching to the beat of my own drummer. There's no figuring me out, though.

Why start blogging now? Because it gets awfully noisy with all these thoughts and ideas rattling around in here. This'll give me a chance to set some of 'em free. We'll see how it goes.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wendylicious said...

lurv ya Deedles!

8/20/06, 9:47 PM  
Blogger Wendylicious said...

hee hee, I popped your comments cherry!

8/20/06, 9:47 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

So glad that you have joined the ranks of the "I am not ever doing that" and eating your words group...of which I must be Pres.
I, like you, did not ever watch Sex and the City until it was in syndication!!
Thanks for joining us :)

8/20/06, 9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home