Friday, January 16, 2009

Dear Matt Lauer, you're so pretty

When one of my girls has a really blonde moment, I tell them, "You're so pretty." In the Dee to English dictionary, it means, "That was a really dumb thing you just said/did." Today Matt earned that sentiment.

I always have the Today Show on in the background while I'm getting ready for work. Don't get me wrong, I dearly love Matt Lauer. He IS the reason I watch this one instead of the countless other morning shows. This morning, though, I really had to stop and think, "WHY are you asking this woman stupid questions?" He was interviewing a survivor of the plane that crashed into the Hudson River. This woman was on there with her kids (who were also on the plane).

**Sidenote** WHY in the hell do they have the kids on there when they're doing an interview? The kid gets bored and fussy and starts crying. I'm sure I'm not alone in this camp. I cannot stand to hear babies/small children crying and throwing a fit. In my younger years, it didn't bother me, but I've become cranky over the years. The sound pierces my eardrums, screeches into my brain and does a really bad tap dance on every nerve in my body. This is NOT an experience I enjoy, especially that early in the morning!! For the love of all that is good and right, and for the sanity of all, if you INSIST on having your adorable little tricycle motors on TV, give them something to keep them occupied instead of expecting them to sit and patiently look into the camera until you're done!

Ok, now, back to Mr. Lauer. He has the survivor, along with the guy who pulled her and her kids out of the water to safety, and he says, "What would you like to say to him?" Umm, hello? Of course she's going to say something along the lines of "Thank you for saving the lives of me and my children. I'm eternally grateful." And then, to make me like Mr. Lauer even less this morning, he goes on. "To the pilot who brought this plane down upright and intact, what would you like to say to him?" WTF do you think she's gonna say?? "Good job, wingnut, you crashed the plane into a freezing fucking river in January"? Of course she's going to be grateful that his quick thinking and actions were able to save the lives of those on board and not let the plane go hurling toward the general population on the ground in flaming pieces.

C'mon, Matt. Inside that pretty head IS a brain. Use it to think about what you're asking next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home