Thursday, June 19, 2008

License to give gray hair

You guessed it. Breeze has her driver's license now. Check out that huge grin!

When the hell did this happen? That's my little girl, and it couldn't have been that long ago that she was playing with Barbie dolls and learning to ride a bike.


They grow up so quickly, and you look back and wonder where time went. It's even worse for me b/c I feel like I missed out on so much. That's my cross to bear, though.


So anyway, along with the license came a need for wheels. Yes, we could've handed her the keys to one of the other vehicles, but after a lot of discussion, we decided that wasn't the best route to take. So a few weeks ago, we left her home with Nan, went to Savannah, and brought home this.


She had no idea whether we'd come home with it or not, so she was VERY surprised when we pulled up in the driveway. Yeah, you may be saying that we're spoiling her rotten. I disagree. We made a deal with her, and she kept her end of the bargain, so this was our end. Part of her earnings from a summer job (the equivalent of the car payment) will go into her savings account and not be touched, so *technically* she's paying for it herself.

She made her first excursion alone today. And then her first with just her and her sister. Both times went very well, and I'm so proud of her. But yeah, she now holds a license to give me gray hair (and potentially a coronary). When Kat's turn comes, somebody needs to find me a padded room somewhere.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home