Friday, June 12, 2009

Regret

I've heard so many people declare that they have no regrets in life. There are tons of clever, uplifting quotes about it floating around in cyberspace. Sounds like a great way to live.



Dictionary.com defines it as a sense of loss, disappointment, dissatisfaction, or a feeling of sorrow or remorse for a fault, act, loss, disappointment, etc.



I'm talking about the feeling of remorse for an action. How can people NOT have that? To those of you who profess to live without regret, I have some questions. Have you never done anything that you wish you hadn't? Have you never broken the heart of a loved one? Have you never made a bad decision? Ever wished you'd gone to college or majored in something different? Never wished you hadn't married the ex? Never harmed an innocent person? If not, you're either lying, or you're a better person than I am.



I have many regrets. Do I let them dictate my life? No, but they're there. I don't wallow in the "coulda, shoulda, woulda's", but there are so many things that I wish I could go back and change. Some of them are just there in the past, but some seem to raise up and smack me on the head over and over. I'm not going to list them because it's a very personal issue for me. I just want you to stop and think about it.



How do you *really* live with no regret?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home