Wednesday, September 13, 2006

If life were like the movies

What character would you be? Since I can't really think of any soap opera or tv show characters I can identify with, I chose Scarlett O'Hara of Gone With The Wind.



No, I'm not a wealthy plantation owner's daughter or a flirt who doesn't know what a good thing she has. I see myself as being like Scarlett in other ways.

~Scarlett had a silver tongue and southern charm and could cut a person to shreds while giving them that sweet, southern belle smile. That's a trait I'm told I inherited from my great-grandmother.
~She was a very strong woman. She faced tough times with squared shoulders and a "bring it on" attitude. She carried the weight of her family on her shoulders, did the best she could, and somehow made the best of it when times were really tough. Every trial and tribulation she endured made her that much stronger.
~Many of those around her looked to her for guidance and leadership.
~She was stubborn and determined. She knew what she wanted and didn't let anything stand in her way. Granted that bit her in the butt a few times, but I've suffered that bite before, too.
~Underneath it all, she had a good heart. She truly loved those close to her and would do anything for them.
~There was a side of her that remained child-like. Even though she put up a tough, no bull front, there was a part of her that needed nurturing and consoling sometimes.
~In her younger days, she was flirty and fickle.
~She was a proud woman who wouldn't let it show when someone hurt her.
~She was a bit of a procrastinator when it came to things she didn't want to deal with. Her famous line, "I'll think about it tomorrow...Afterall, tomorrow is another day"? Yeah, that's me.
~She was spoiled. Yeah, that's me, too. I admit it.

*eta...She had a fiery temper. I was reminded that I "conveniently" left that part out. ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Nesa said...

i would have never thought it before, but yes my darlin, you are the scarlett o'hara of us all.

9/13/06, 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home