Monday, September 04, 2006

What's in *your* wallet?

Okay, guys carry wallets. Chicks carry purses. Today's challenge topic was taken from the Capitol One commercial. Purses come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. Sometimes I wonder what these women have in these teeny tiny little purses. Some women carry purses that could double as a suitcase. Those make me curious, too. I'll admit that I LOVE purses and have quite a collection. Cute little evening bags, giant, heavy duty ones, a sporty little "Nike" purse, and even one trimmed in feathers all have a home in my closet. Okay, I've NEVER used the feather one, but I keep it anyway. It was my mom's first knitting project after I taught her, so she made it for me.

My current fave in the group is a smallish, camo messenger bag-type purse with red and white embroidering and silver nailheads on the flap. It even has a nifty little pocket right there on the outside. It *would* be perfect for my cellphone if its leather cover didn't have a mondo belt-clip on it. Oh well, the little pocket holds my really bad habit instead. ;) I'm trying to design a new one in my head. I'm thinking a pink one. *gasp* I just realized that I don't have a PINK PURSE! *gasp, gasp* Or a PURPLE ONE!! Oh, that has to be rectified!

Anyway, getting back on track now. My purse is my lifeline. I'd be totally lost and never make an appt if not for that thing! I've referred to it as my source of power. Even though we've been married for almost nine years now, The Hub WILL NOT go into my purse for anything. Even if I ask him to bring me something out of it, he'll bring me the WHOLE purse.

So what's inside?

Well, aside from the usual wallet, checkbook, and keys, there's a whole conglomeration of miscellaneous "necessities" lurking in my purse.
~First and most important is my day planner. I tried keeping up with things on a palm pilot, but it was simply too much of a PITA. I have notes, lists, appointments, finances, and contact info for all my docs in there.
~Said palm pilot still hangs around in my purse, even though the cover broke off. It's basically a glorified address book now. The calculator comes in handy at times, and it has a few games, too, so it's worth hanging onto. It keeps me occupied if I find myself waiting somewhere unexpectedly.
~Compact and lipstick even though I rarely wear make-up.
~Breath mints AND drops b/c you can't go around with stinky breath.
~Ink pens (at least 3 in case two decide to die together)
~Feminine products, no matter what time of the month it *actually* is. I have a fear of being out in public when the much dreaded "Aunt Ruby" shows up. Plus, you never know when you might need to help another damsel in distress out!
~My Leatherman tool is an absolute MUST. It's a tool; it's a weapon for self-defense. What's not to love? Every woman should carry one.
~Cigarettes and a lighter. Even when there are no cigarettes, there's a lighter. You never know when you might get into a bind and need some fire. ;)
~Inevitably, there's always some piece of miscellaneous jewelry hanging around in the bottom. (a necklace, ring, or bracelet that was driving me a little bonkers or an earring that broke or lost its back)
~My cellphone. I NEVER leave home without it.

So there's a glimpse into my source of power. What's in yours?

2 Comments:

Blogger Nesa said...

okay, that blog just had me cracking up, though i know you didn't mean it to be that funny.

9/4/06, 11:08 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

I am with you about these timy little purses!! How the hell does anything ever fit into it?? I have to have space for my goodies.
You must have a purse close to the size of a small carry onto have all that stuff :) LOL Just kidding ;)

9/5/06, 4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home