Thursday, September 07, 2006

One year ago

Hmm, life was SO different one year ago. Let's see...

THEN
The Hub and I owned a house that we absolutely loved in a town we absolutely loved in SC.
I had a pool and palm trees in my backyard paradise.
I got together with my friends every week.
My mother was staying with me for a while.
The Hub had just left for his second tour in Iraq.
We planned on being in SC for a LONG time.
We owned 2 vehicles and a boat.
I went fishing, shrimping, and crabbing on a regular basis.

NOW
We're renting a house we don't love in a town we hate in NC.
We're getting ready to move *again* in a few months.
I have ONE friend here. Although she lives like 2 miles from me, I don't see her often. She's a busy, busy woman.
My mother is back in MS and now sees that my asking her to go back was the best thing for her.
The Hub isn't deployed right now, but that's only because WE'RE MOVING AGAIN.
My oldest daughter is coming to live with us at Christmas. Hopefully the youngest will, too.
We now own THREE vehicles AND A HARLEY. No boat, though.
I can't remember the last time I went fishing, shrimping, OR crabbing.

So, some things are better. Some are worse. That's life, I guess. I'm *really* hoping things will improve drastically after this move. Sorry to be a downer with this post, but I miss home.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nesa said...

you are not a downer babe. and the best thing that happened this past year was that the HUB came home safe and sound.

9/7/06, 9:10 PM  
Blogger C.C. said...

girl please. You are just sharing your life with us. Isn't it funny how everything is a give and take until we strike that perfect balance? Some things get better while others...don't. Hang in there girlie!

9/7/06, 9:20 PM  
Blogger Tracey said...

I miss home sometimes too. It's frustrating I'm sure, all the moves you have made, but your sacrafice is remembered, at least by me. I think of you and your family every single day. Please know that what remains from a year ago to today is my friendship and love.

Yes I had to make you cry. MUAH

9/7/06, 9:58 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Dee, I am so sorry that your loved home is not where you are today. Maybe your new town and new home will feel very differen from today's. In a year you may be loving it!! We all have good and bad...just glad you shared with us :)

9/8/06, 10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home