Friday, October 13, 2006

Since it's Friday the 13th

the subject of superstitions came up today. Are you a superstitious person? Do you have little things that you do for luck? Knock on wood, throw salt over your shoulder, etc?

I am. I have lots of little "quirks", as my mother calls them. Here are a few:

*Knocking on wood to counteract something said.
*Knocking on the window of my vehicle when I see a vehicle broken down. It's for luck so that MY vehicle doesn't break down, too.
*Scratching the roof of the vehicle when driving thru an intersection and the light changes (once for yellow, twice for red) so I don't get pulled over by a cop.
*Kissing a lottery ticket when I buy it. ~Okay, this one obviously hasn't worked for me.~
*Marking three x's on the windshield if a black cat crosses the road in front of me.
*NEVER open an umbrella in the house.

Wow, looking at the list, I've discovered that most of my superstitions are vehicle/traffic related. Hmm...interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home