Monday, February 04, 2008

Summary of life at warp speed

A summary's about as good as it gets right now.

~Teaching at the LSS again. More classes with more sign-ups means more work, but it's cool to see someone light up when they "get" what you're teaching them.

~Doctors visits...trying to lay the groundwork and get all the tests out of the way for my hysterectomy. Tests, ultrasounds, labs, the works. I'm hoping to get that done in a few weeks, so maybe I won't have some of these female probs I've been dealing with.

~Flying trip to the ER when The Hub sliced his thumb half off. Sharp blades do a shitload of damage when they hit a knick in a metal straightedge.

~Bathroom remodel - We gutted the hallway bath and redid it from the floor up. New plumbing, tile, drywall, tub, sink, toilet, lights, towel bars, medicine cabinets, shower curtain rod, etc. That was one project that started out not so big and quickly turned into MAJOR renovation. Holy shit, I don't ever wanna do that again! Pics will come soon. I still have a few touchups to do.

~New craft room - We switched my craft room and Mom's bedroom around. We ripped out the ugly ass paneling that was on one wall and put up new drywall. New paint, new flooring, revamped cabinet, new craft table and sewing table (I found great deals on countertops at the Habitat ReStore). Once I get it all organized, I'll post pics.

~Oh, and let's not forget...HOSPITALIZATION. I have a narrowing in my esophagus and went in last Monday for a routine outpatient EGD (esophageal scope and dilation). Doc found an ulcer (shocker) and a hiatal hernia (no wonder I've been poppin' Rolaids like damn candy). I went home afterwards to sleep off the drugs and woke up around 9 that night feeling incredibly nauseous. Went to the bathroom and threw up what seemed like half of my body's supply of blood. Yeah, I know...gross, Dee, TMI. Anyway, The Hub rushed me to the ER, where I passed out. My BP dropped to 77/40 and my CBC was all jacked up. I lost so much blood that I was almost in need of a transfusion. Talk about some scary shit! Anyway, I spent the night and the next day in the hospital and was the subject of a few arguments between the doctors. The attending docs at the hospital thought I should stay, but my GI doc insisted that I be released. Seems that a blood vessel at the site of the dilation popped or got knicked or something. I'm okay now, but I'm still not back to 100%, but I'm *willing* myself to be well.

So that's part of life lately. All of that in addition to raising a teenage girl is keeping me on my toes these days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home