Saturday, November 10, 2007

Let there be LIGHT!

She cried. And because she's married to a kick-ass electrician who wants her to be happy, there was light. I love fairy tales. ;)

Seriously though, my craft room for the past 5 months has been a dark dungeon with one working tiny wall sconce and an overhead light on the ceiling fan. It made my sanctuary a very unpleasant place to be, so The Hub fixed it for me. He installed THREE flourescent lights, took out the shitty sconces (there were two, but one didn't work), and fixed the ceiling fan light *again*. See?


This room still needs SO much work. That dark ass paneling has GOT to go. The floors still have to be dealt with (I have a bare concrete floor). Organization MUST take place. I'm ashamed to show you the mess that is my happy place, but I'm so excited about the lighting that I'll suffer the embarrassment. Yay for light!

I just realized that I should've at least closed the closet doors (on each side of my work table). *sigh* Oh well.

Oh!! See that lamp on my table? The brown one? Look closely, tilt your head and squint, and maybe you can see it thru the shitmess on my desk. Yeah, there it is! I scored that at the Habitat ReStore for like $10. Got it home, did some research, had The Hub check it out, etc. It's all original circa 1940! I love my antiques. I was gonna paint it a brushed nickel, but now I can't bring myself to alter it at all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wendylicious said...

YEA for The Hub!!

Dontcha just loooove handy men? They're so sexy!

11/10/07, 2:46 AM  
Blogger KC said...

Love the room honey! Can you send the Hub to my house? Electric stuff is the only thing my Hub doesn't really do.

11/13/07, 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home