Sunday, August 09, 2009

Here we go again!

No, not actually "going" as in moving. We've begun chapter, oh what is it now, 432? of "Living in a construction zone". Having the house in chaos drives me nuts, but the payoff in the end is worth it.

First, the girls have switched rooms again. With Breeze going off to college, we opted to give Kat the bigger bedroom. So this is once again Breeze's room...remember the lilac walls with that black harlequin pattern on the accent wall? Yeah, that one. Carpet's gone, wood floors in. Walls repainted, new window, new baseboards, trim, etc. And this time, I chose all paint colors. I went back to Valspar's Shrimp Toast that I had originally used in the living room.


And now Kat's new room...

Here's a taste of what we started with when we bought the house.
Yeah, gross.

For a while it was like a dark cave, designed by a teenager.



Well, this is the same room now. I hadn't put the window treatments up when I snapped the pic.



And one last pic...
This is what I finally decided on for the living room. That huge wall unit is now gone, along the chair in the left side of the pic.

We now have ZERO carpet in this house. We've put down Pergo flooring in all 3 bedrooms. We've replaced all the windows, exterior dooors, and interior doors now. My craft room will be getting Pergo flooring this weekend also.
2+ years of work, and we're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. The house is *almost* finished!


2 Comments:

Blogger Nesa said...

gorgeous. though i am going to miss breeze's vampyre lair. can't wait to see the craft room

8/11/09, 7:29 AM  
Blogger KC said...

I like the lighter color. The other color was definitely Breeze though. :)

8/12/09, 1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home