Thursday, October 26, 2006

Autumn events here

Well, it's been a little while since I posted, so I gave the ole blog a new look.

Autumn seems to be the time of year when life really starts to get busy (at least in my house). There's Halloween (which I've totally skipped decorating for), mine & The Hub's anniversary (9 years), and the Marine Corps Ball (which happens to be falling ON our anniversary this year). Then there's a little lull before Thanksgiving slaps us in the face, Christmas shopping and decorating rush, etc. Well, this year, there are a couple of more VERY good things.

On November 1st, The Hub gets promoted. Yay!!! AND...

December 1st, we *finally* get out of this God-forsaken town! While that means YET ANOTHER move, I'm stoked about this one. I've never been so miserable in one place in my life. I feel like the life is being slowly sucked out of my body here. I won't get all whiny and "poor me" on you.

So since we're moving again (6th time in 4 years...ugh), I'm packing boxes. I told The Hub I'll give him TWO more moves in his career, but after that I won't be the cooperative, smiling, good little Marine wife. I'm beginning to feel like a bit of a gypsy, and while I used to get bored if we were in one place too long, lately I haven't had that opportunity! I sincerely hope this upcoming move will be the last for at least 3 or 4 years. We'll see, I guess.

It has been jokingly said that the motto for a Marine wife is "Semper Gumby", meaning "Always Flexible". I'm beginning to think that the "powers that be" *really* want to see how flexible I can be without breaking. So far I feel the strain, but I'm trying my best to keep it together without cracking under the pressure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home