Thursday, July 19, 2007

We will miss you

This is a post I never wanted to make, and I couldn't even bear the thought of doing this until tonight.

Tracey spent the last 3+ years battling cancer, and her battle ended Wednesday afternoon with her family at her side.


I never thought that the last time I saw you would be the last time. Tracey, you were always such a wonderful friend to us, and we will miss you more than you know. I've spent the last 24 hours remembering times we spent together.

I remember the first time we met in person. We had met online well before that, and at first sight, it was like old friends reunited. We spent your anniversary with you & Victor, and when my anniversary came around, The Hub was deployed to Iraq. Because you didn't want me to be alone, you came down and spent that weekend with me. I still remember you standing in my kitchen in your jammies having your morning tea.

I remember the 4th of July when your family came to spend it with my family. You and I watched the hubbies and kids playing in the pool, we grilled out, and then we went shrimping before the fireworks display that night.

I remember the weekend you organized and got so many of us together for a scrapping weekend where not much scrapping was actually done. You and I shared heart to heart talks, laughs, fears, joys, and tears over the years.

We didn't always agree on things, but we never let that stand in the way of our friendship. I remember so many phone calls, emails, and messages just to say hi and see how I was. You were always like that...more concerned about others than about yourself. You made our lives brighter and our world better. Thank you for all of it.

Everytime I hear Nickelback's "Rockstar", I think of you and always will. You are our rock star, Hon. Rock on. We love you and will see you again in a better place someday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home