Monday, June 04, 2007

Homeowners again!

Hot damn! It's finally ours! I went down for the closing last week and spent a few days with one of my friends. We closed on Friday at 1pm, and Mom, my daughters, and I started on the house Saturday afternoon. We ripped out carpet and tile from the office and took the bar out of the kitchen. And I have to add, 'GROSS!' Have you ever seen what's under 40 year old carpet?? No matter how good you think your vac is, trust me, IT'S NOT! I won't ever have carpet again. ::shudder::

I also bought the ceramic tile and other shit necessary for installation for my kitchen. And since the light fixture freakin' BLOWS in there, I got a ceiling fan/fixture for it, too. I'm so excited! It's SO cool, and I love it. Have I ever messed with electricity? Not successfully. Have I ever installed a ceiling fan? Umm, no. Wish me luck, though. It can't wait til The Hub gets home in the fall.

We drove back up to NC this evening b/c Breeze has finals this week. I'll be a packing fool b/c I pick up the moving truck on Saturday morning.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nesa said...

oh my goodiesacks! yay! i'm so so happy for you and the girls!

check with your local home depot, they might have a class/how to on installing ceiling fans yourself.

good thing i have planned on mailing out some stuffs for breeze on monday. hope it gets there before you move!

6/4/07, 1:48 AM  
Blogger Wendylicious said...

Hope there's a place for me to crash if I visit? Smooches, doll, so happy for you!

6/9/07, 1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home