Monday, November 20, 2006

Which one are you?

As I was driving home this afternoon, I drove past a church. We've all seen the little messages they put on their signs out front, but rarely do I see one that really hits home.

It read, "Are you a good example or a horrible warning?"

I try to be and like to think that I'm a good example, but it so many aspects I truly feel like a horrible warning. I know that it all stems from my self-esteem and "need for perfection" issues, but nevertheless, that church succeeded with their message today. It really made me think.

Oh, and I didn't come up with that label about perfection for myself. My college psychology professor tagged me with that one b/c I was bummed that I got a "B" on an exam once. Yes, I have issues, but we aren't even going there.

So which one are you? Do you even care which one you are?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home