Friday, January 26, 2007

A LOT of changes

Wow, I haven't blogged since Christmas? Yikes, we've got a lot of catching up to do. So for starters, the kiddos came for Christmas, got spoiled rotten, and had to go back far too quickly. BUT...

On New Year's Day, I got a call from their bio dad. He had FINALLY agreed to let B come live with me & The Hub. Sheesh, I was wondering how far he was going to let his pride overshadow what she needs. He's still an ass and won't let the youngest come, but she's doing fine.

So, we got B registered at the local high school. She was off for a stinkin' month waiting for the semester here to end (long story). But now she's back in school, trying to adjust, and hoping to make friends soon. She's like I was at that age...painfully shy and quiet. As much as I want to, I can't fix this for her.

I'm trying to quit smoking also. Today is my quit day, and so far so good. Well, not *good* b/c I'm going thru some withdrawals already, and it's only 8:30am. Ugh, I hate this. But in my defense, I've been up for over 2 1/2 hours now.

Things are settling down and we're getting into a good routine...for now. The Hub will be deploying again soon. NOT looking forward to that AT ALL, but I've been around that block more times than I can count. That's just a part of the life that I chose.

Now that I've switched over to the new blogger, I hope I can access this blog regularly. Since I have two blogs registered on the same email addy, I'm having issues with that. *Hopefully*, I'll be able to keep this thing updated now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home