Friday, April 06, 2007

Change in lattitude and attitude

It's amazing what a change in location can do for the spirit. It's no secret that I don't like where I live, and that my heart is (and will always be) in Beaufort, SC. So since Breeze is on Spring Break this week, we took the opportunity to go back home, recharge the batteries, and rejuvenate the soul. Even though it was only the halfway point of the trip to paradise, I felt a huge weight lift when I saw THIS.


The closer we got, the better I felt. I seriously had to choke back tears of joy and relief when I saw THIS. Going home was *that* emotional for me.



By the time we arrived and got checked in to the hotel, I was completely exhausted. Nevermind that, though. I *had* to go see things. I had to see the marshes, the rivers, the moss in the oaks. I had to smell the salty air and feel the wind in my hair. This is the bridge that goes from downtown over to Lady's Island.

The next day (after a good night's sleep), we ventured out for shopping, catching up with friends, and lunch. If you EVER find yourself in this slice of heaven, you *must* go HERE.


It's just a tiny little unassuming place that most people wouldn't give a second glance. But we locals (and a few tourists who know the right questions to ask) know what a treasure awaits inside. At lunch time, a parking spot is prime real estate. They make THE best sandwiches you'll EVER have the pleasure of tasting. This was my choice for the day. Roast beef and turkey. Alvin Ord's simply CAN'T be beat.

Another *must* if you're in the area is the Chocolate Tree. *gasp* Just walking in the door is enough to make you breathe heavier. All their chocolates are made there on site, and if you time it right, you can watch them making it. While we were there, one of them had whipped up something new and came out into the store for patron opinions. It's not everyday you turn around to a stranger wearing a huge white hat and apron, holding a gigantic whisk, saying "Taste this."

We met up with friends while we were there, took over 200 pictures, shopped, and dragged ourselves away at the end of our stay. We got home Wednesday evening, and I'm homesick already. I'm counting down the days. Just over two years, and I'm home for good.





1 Comments:

Blogger Nesa said...

*sigh* i remember that bridge. though i didn't get to spend as much time there as you have, i do so understand why you miss it so. i want to go back and take more pictures (especially of the COW!) and see more things.

4/8/07, 1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home