Saturday, September 01, 2007

Little by Little

This house will be remodeled. My small changes to the kitchen have turned themselves into a major overhaul. I have things sitting and waiting to be installed...dishwasher, flooring, cabinet, new countertops, you get the pic. By the time I'm done, the only original thing that'll be left in that kitchen is the upper cabinets, and that's only because we can't afford new ones for a while. Well, because my body betrays me daily and won't let me do what my mind wants to, it's a slow process. BUT! My cabinets are repainted!

This is before...

Then I had this attempt at a beachy, distressed kind of look. I didn't love it, and The Hub hated it.


So we discussed it, and he reminded me about the terra cotta kitchen we both LOVED in a house in NC. So the cabinets went neutral.
This is now.

It's called "Satin Weave". It's not white, but it sure looks like it. Amazing how much brighter the kitchen is now with just that little change. And did you notice? That awful flowery contact paper backsplash is gone, too.

1 Comments:

Blogger KC said...

Wow! It is much brighter. That'll be a whole new house when you are done.

Take care of yourself lady.

9/3/07, 9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home