I've been dreading this wall since Breeze pitched the idea. It turned out to be easier than I was expecting. We went from blah, previous owner wall to Wild Orchid wall, to a work in progress today. I started out with a pencil, a template I made (which didn't work afterall), a yardstick, and a level. This is what I started with after that.
After taping off alternating diamonds, I began to paint. Before long, it was a family event, and Mom and both girls were helping.
I was determined to finish it up tonight b/c I plan to take the kids to the beach tomorrow. We all need a little unwinding. Anyway, here's the finished product! The other 3 walls are solid Wild Orchid. I'm letting it dry overnight, and tomorrow morning we'll put her room back together. We painted her dresser and bookcase black, but since my Grandpa built the bed for me out of cedar and hand-carved the pegs when I was a teenager, paint WILL NOT touch it.
And yesterday evening, we took off to go shrimping. We had a good time, caught a few shrimp, a lot of things that we threw back, and 3 blue crab. Breeze caught 2 of them, I caught one. Here's mine. ;)
So that's the jist of life here lately. We're still waiting for Kat's mural to come in, and I'm beyond ticked off with Lowe's right now. They said it'd be here this past Sunday, and I *really* want her room finished before she has to go back to her father's. I'll post more pics as progress is made.